Saturday 31 July 2021

recovering from another tough episode, which lasted shorter duration

De-identified writeup from client in his own words, published with consent. The client is self-learning psychology. In psychology its better to call client and not a patient afaik.


There is no better medicine than will power to come out from depression. But medicine are extremely important, all we loose is taking a month or 2 to find what suits and a few more month of continuation of a medication but what it helps is that may prevent from the extremes i.e. suicide.

depression changes the view of a person and force them to avoid seeing and appreciating the positives in life. But this is what most important to change to fight against , and even small small steps matter a lot.

sometimes people have questions like "why me" why this happened to me? or why not me, why something good didn't happened to me? and there is no answer to such questions except that all happen for some good and that good happen by being courageous, making plans and then efforts to make the good a reality.




long time back i had big troubles, and since then something like this has been my life track, I wish I had monitored it somehow but overall can generalize to this graph where the recent depressive state passed yesterday and i am hopeful to be in a good state for now and probably always.





(images taken from google image search)




Later update - on a psychiatrist visit

patient refused RFT and to continue any medication. sent this document for education - https://www.mind.org.uk/media-a/2966/bpd-2018.pdf






https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectical_behavior_therapy








3 comments:

  1. new update from the patient --

    Clonazepam
    Alprazolam
    Sodium valproate and vampiric acid
    fluoxetine
    Sertraline
    Migranil (Caffeine (100mg), Ergotamine (1mg), Paracetamol (250mg), Belladonna dry extract (10mg))
    propranolol
    Diclofenac and PCM (SOS)
    - i had these meds for 7 years (last taken in 2012), migraine like pain associated with stress. I felt that they never helped, and after 7 years of (on and off) use I stopped them. The main reason for being able to completely stop was learning good stress management techniques. Simple small stressors, and simple small techniques.

    also, since 10-12 years i think my mood used to start getting low every year in October, and I used to feel smell (smell of wetland after first rain). I am osmophobic as i feel irritated of any sharp/strong smell.

    In my personal opinion psychological trauma is the root cause of issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the trauma -

    Life was ups and downs like anyone else.. But i had two major trauma in life.. One when I was 9-12 years old and another now when I am 27. The first one made me numb and took away feeling of happiness for 4-5 years and slowly it took 3 more years to recover to normal though sad events gave extreme pain due to memories of past.. The second traumatic event happened last year and I am recovering much faster though suffering much pain too.. I won't let it destroy years of my life again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bipolar and borderline are easily confused, the first have major role of a psychiatrist while second have more role of psychologist https://youtu.be/Kk2l7XCGiNc

    ReplyDelete