Sunday 1 January 2017

Arthritis and surgery

Disclaimer:-


This is a HIPAA de-identified open-online-patient-record with initial information in patient's voice, posted here december 2016 after collecting informed patient consent (form downloadable here) by BMJ Elective Student.

I work in a factory and one day I was on night duty And doing my work while standing I said down with folded knees for few minutes and then stood up. While standing I felt a knocking sound in my left knee and then I became busy in my work.  When i returned home i found that a family member had died. I became busy in work and then started having pain in my left knee and walking became difficult. I went to a private doctor and he give me 1 injection Daily for 5 days but no so so I had to go another hospital and in 1 and half month they drained out water from my left knee thrice.  Whenever the drain water I felt fine for a week but again Pain started.


When they drained, every time Fluid that came out. First time fluid was creamy, Second time fluid was  yellowish, Third time fluid was red was reddish,


Then i went to another hospital, They did my surgery and after 15-16 days they opened stiches,  then after 2-4 days My knee swelled, and i was readmitted, then again operated, and this time liquid from knee were tested , MRI was done and one hard part from surgery was sent to biopsy.


Exercise and medicine have been prescibed.


I also had a fracture in hand (need to ask it was left or right) and it was in plaster for 1 and half month.

When 1st surgery was done, i had fever for 2 days.





























No comments:

Post a Comment